Thinking about buying a new house? According to a recent joint study by Google and the National Association of Realtors, The Digital House Hunt: Consumer and Market Trends in Real Estate, most people begin their search online. In fact, 90 percent of the home buyers surveyed searched online during their home buying process.
While online searches used to consist of time spent in front of a laptop or desktop computer, today these searches are taking place on mobile devices. Mobile devices and phones are becoming the ‘new standard’ for not only how we communicate but how we do business. Consumers are using mobile devices more and more to access housing market information. In fact, the study revealed the following:
- Estimated that 89% of new home shoppers use a mobile search engine at the beginning and throughout their research [Google & Compete Home Shopper Mobile Survey 2012]
- Approximately 50 % of all real estate searches are on mobile devices. [Inman News]
- Realtor.org estimates that between 2011 and 2012 real estate searches on Google.com have grown 22%.
- Google real estate searches on mobile devices grew 120% from 2011 to 2012
- Estimated 20% of all real estate searches happen on mobile devices
- 49% of new home shoppers do mobile searches at the beginning of their research; 40 % do mobile searches throughout their research
- 44% of new home shoppers use mobile apps throughout their research process
- The #1 mobile activities for new home shoppers is getting information about a home; getting directions to a home is the #2 activity
- 77% of new home shoppers do mobile home research from home; 31% do so at work
- Home builder-related searches on tablets grew 362 % year-over-year
- Real estate broker-related searches on tablets grew 300% year-over-year
Read more: Realtor.org
If you’re thinking about moving to Nashville or you’re currently looking for a new home in Nashville, our mobile real estate app is a must have for your on-the-go real estate search. The free SIR Mobile app downloads easily and then connects you to Nashville homes for sale or rent….even the one you’re sitting in front of wondering what the price is.
While being able to browse luxury homes internationally is fascinating, one of the true benefits for local Nashville users is that the App also browses the RealTracs MLS.
SIR Mobile App is available on Android, Blackberry and iPhone.
Download SIR App: go to http://m.SIR.com | go to your app store and search “Sotheby’s” | text “LIPMAN” to 87778